The SOM-R measures the small amount of oil deposited on rolled steel sheets. The Hydrophil Balance Method, which utilizes the characteristics of oil film pressure spreading over the water’s surface, is used.
- The small amount of oil on the test piece on the micro-gram (µg) order can be measured.
- The precise Wilhelmy Plate Method is used for detecting surface film pressure,
- The trough is coated with Teflon for corrosion resistance and easy cleaning.
- Easy cleaning of the detecting glass plate.
- Calibration of the surface film pressure meter by the operator is possible.
- The temperature control system is equipped for obtaining stable data.
- The oil volume by “mg/m2” is directly read on the digital display