Quantum Design MPMS®3
Quantum Design’s MPMS 3 represents the culmination of more than 30 years of development and design in the world of SQUID Magnetometry. Providing users with the sensitivity of a SQUID (Superconducting QUantum Interference Device) magnetometer and the choice of multiple measurement modes, the MPMS 3 offers new levels of performance in magnetic research while including those aspects of past Quantum Design SQUID magnetometers that customers have grown to appreciate and depend on.
The MPMS 3 incorporates major advances in data acquisition, temperature control and magnetic field control with ≤10-8 emu sensitivity. The award- winning design of Quantum Design’s MPMS 3 also provides expanded software functionality within its user-friendly MultiVu interface. Combining the highest level of system performance with the possibility of using all previously available MPMS measurement options, the Quantum Design MPMS 3 truly represents the next generation of advanced SQUID magnetometry.
- SQUID Sensitivity
- 7 Tesla Magnet with QuickSwitch™ technology
- Maximum ramp rate: 700 Oe/sec
- Temperature Range: 1.8 – 400 K with Rapid Temp™
- 300 to 1.8 K in 25 min. (typical)
- Multiple measurement modes (DC, VSM and AC Susceptibility)
- Software controls for the temperature and magnetic field readily enable the automation of complex data acquisition procedures
- Cryogen Free with EverCool®