A Complete Alpha Spectroscopy System Consists of:
- Alpha Particle Detector with high resolution, low background, and detection efficiency appropriate for the application.
- Vacuum Chamber to ensure alpha particles can reach the detector as they are easily attenuated by air.
- Recoil Contamination Avoidance Package (RCAP) to keep the detectors from becoming contaminated by daughter products that may leave the sample material.
- Electronics for detector signal processing and storing the energy data.
- Analysis Software to control the electronics, analyze spectra, establish quality control processes, and integrate data with laboratory data management systems.
ULTRA and ULTRA AS
Alpha Suite Alpha Spectrometers
All Alpha Suite models feature the following:
A-576 A-PAD Alpha Spectroscopy Chain
Complete alpha spectroscopy chain in a one-wide NIM module: Preamplifier, Amplifier, Discriminator with Bias Supply
807 Vacuum Chamber
For routine alpha/beta counting
The ORTEC Model 807 Vacuum Chamber is designed for routine alpha/beta counting applications using a semiconductor radiation detector and a radioactive sample. Two examples of the many applications possible with this convenient and durable chamber are its use in educational laboratories to demonstrate detectors and counting principles, and in radiological laboratories for smear counting.
808 Vacuum Chamber
RCAP-2 Ion Recoil Contamination Avoidance Package
The Ion Recoil Contamination Avoidance Package (RCAP-2) is an accessory for ORTEC’s ALPHA-ARIA Alpha Spectrometer (and most older model alpha spectrometers). It is intended for alpha spectroscopists quantifying radionuclides which may contaminate charged-particle (ULTRA™ or surface barrier) detectors by ion recoil.