Surface Potential Sensor (SPOT)
The KSV NIMA Surface Potential Sensor (SPOT) is used for determining molecular orientation changes in Langmuir films. Together with the surface pressure sensor included in all KSV NIMA Langmuir and Langmuir-Blodgett Troughs, it gives an in-depth view of the Langmuir monolayer interactions.
The KSV NIMA Surface Potential Sensor is recommended for use with a KSV NIMA Langmuir, Langmuir-Blodgett or Microscopy Trough to enable combined surface pressure and surface potential measurements. The SPOT can also be used with other troughs together with a KSV NIMA Interface Unit.
- Determining molecular orientation: The SPOT provides information about molecular orientation by observing changes in surface potential and combining the data with surface pressure information.
- In-depth view of Langmuir layer interactions: Surface pressure isotherm alone is unable to separate the reasons for surface pressure changes. Combined with the SPOT, the data gathered from the layer is doubled, giving an in-depth understanding of the layer.
- Determining effective dipole moments: The sensor can be used to determine effective dipole moments through simple surface potential measurements of a compressed film.
- Film electronic structure characterization: Small changes in the electronic structure of molecules can be detected by measuring the change in surface potential.
- Molecular structure characterization: Quantify the effects of changes to molecular structure through positional offsets and peak values of the surface potential plots.
- Complex formation monitoring: Observe and follow complex formations between monolayers, sub-phase species or adsorbates.
Features & benefits
- Double the amount of data – all in one software: The KSV NIMA Surface Potential Sensor is operated with KSV NIMA LB Software and does not require any additional software. Both the surface pressure and surface potential are automatically plotted in the same graph for simple comparison.
- Accurate and reproducible measurements: The non-contact and non-destructive vibrating plate capacitor method ensures excellent accuracy and reproducibility.
- Easy set up: The KSV NIMA Surface Potential Sensor connects directly to the KSV NIMA Interface Unit used with KSV NIMA L and LB Troughs. It is easily installed with a simple plug-and-play operation. The sensor has a flexible stand allowing rapid and easy integration with a trough. Furthermore, the sensor is factory calibrated for a quick start-up