KSV NIMA – Surface Potential Sensor
The KSV NIMA Surface Potential Sensor is a compact and highly sensitive characterization instrument that offers complementart data on packing and orientation of surfactant molecules within the sampling region of the potential difference above and below the film and is sensitive to the sum of all the individual moments.
- Determine effective dipole moments through simple surface potential measurements of a compressed film.
- Combine surface potential and surface pressure data to determine the molecular orientation.
- Confirm that changes are made to the electronic structure of molecules with even the smallest of structure modifications.
- Quantify the effects of changes to molecular structure through positional offsets and peak values of the surface potential plots.
- Observe and follow complex formations between monolayers, subphase species or adsorbates.
- Explore the fascinating world of the floating gaseous phase.